Top Trail is the ride program for trail riders who enjoy logging their rides via GPS. The program began in 2013 and was part of the old Open Trail website for a few years. Now we are here and so happy that you have found us!
Make every mile count!
We like to say, all you need is a horse, a trail, and a GPS… but—you also need a Top Trail account and membership. For the purpose of putting those recorded tracks to use with Top Trail, you must be able to export tracks from the GPS app or device of choice in .GPX file format. Then as an enrolled Top Trail member, you may upload tracks using the Add Ride screen under your “My Top Trail” menu, or you can use EasyTrails GPS app (EasyTrail for iPhone or EasyTrails for Android) on your smartphone and send your tracks directly to your Top Trail account.
How to use EasyTrails to upload tracks to your Top Trail account:
There are many wonderful free & one time small fee GPS apps that work great with your smart phone or if you have a Garmin, you can use that as well. But as we said before, for the purpose of putting those recorded tracks to use with Top Trail, you must be able to export tracks from your GPS app or device of choice in .GPX file format. Not all GPS apps will do this. Join our Facebook group for a good discussion of GPS apps and devices that are compatible.
So, if you value your trail time and your trail partner we encourage you to join us. Here are a few options to consider:
Premium full access plus patches, printed Lifetime Mileage Program Annual certificates.
Basic full website access without the LMP patches and annual printed mileage certificates.
Check out these links for more information:
- Top Trail Rider Challenges
- Affiliate Groups
- Lifetime Mileage Program
- Discussion Forums.
- Member search
- Top Trail Facebook Group (join today — it’s free 🙂 )
- Digital “Milestones”
Lifetime Mileage Program
Our full one year members ride, track, and log for lifetime and annual mileage achievements.
- For starters, you receive your first Top Trail member patch when you join for one year. The patch design changes in December of each year so you get a new patch each year you renew.
- Each February official “Mileage Certificates” documenting lifetime and annual (previous year) mileage for rider and one enrolled equine (the equine with the most miles for the previous year) are generated, printed, and mailed to our members. At this time we also send out any earned milestone rockers to go with your oval TT patches. Milestone rockers are earned every 1000 miles.
- Twice each year digital milestone certificates are generated and sent out via email. Milestones are earned when the following miles are reach/exceeded: 250, 500, 750, 1000, 1500, 2000 and every 500 miles thereafter.
Challenge periods are quarterly, based on rider mileage, and riders are placed in 5 separate divisions based on previous riding mileage. Challenges are sponsored by some incredible companies and they supply the awards.*
Top Trail Basic and Premium level members are eligible to participate in up to two Affiliate Groups. YOU MUST JOIN any affiliate groups (up to 2 total per year) you qualify for within 30 days joining Top Trail. Affiliate Groups mean more fun & more chances to win loot as a result of riding!*
It’s never too late, so enroll today. Add your equine(s) by pulling down the “My Top Trail” menu to Add Horse and then check the FAQ, Technical Support, and Tutorials sections of the website under the “Support” menu to find answers to your questions. If you have a question that is not answered please get in touch with us via email.
Now… Get Out & Ride!
*Challenge formats, sponsors, and affiliate groups are subject to change from year to year.