Top Trail is the ride program for trail riders who enjoy logging their trail tracks via GPS. The program began in 2014 and was part of the old Open Trail website for a few years. Now we are here and so happy that you have found us!
Make every mile count!
We like to say, all you need is a horse, a trail, and a GPS… but—you also need a Top Trail account. For the purpose of putting those recorded tracks to use with Top Trail, you must be able to export tracks from the GPS app or device of choice in .GPX file format. Then as an enrolled Top Trail member, you may upload tracks using the Add Ride screen under your “My Top Trail” menu, or you can use EasyTrails GPS app on your smartphone and send your tracks directly to your Top Trail account.
There are many wonderful free & one time small fee GPS apps that work great with your smart phone or if you have a Garmin, you can use that as well. But as we said before, for the purpose of putting those recorded tracks to use with Top Trail, you must be able to export tracks from your GPS app or device of choice in .GPX file format. Not all GPS apps will do this. Join our Facebook group for a good discussion of GPS apps and devices that are compatible.
So, if you value your trail time and your trail partner we encourage you to join us. Here are a few options to consider:
Option #1 Check us out for 90 days for $10. When you become a 90 day member you get access to the website program. You can enroll your equine(s), upload your tracks, and you’re eligible to participate in Top Trail Challenges during those 90 days. If you have enjoyed logging your rides after 90 days we encourage to keep it going with a one year membership. You won’t be sorry! We have many members who have been with us for a long, long time. Plus, if you need personal technical support we’ve got your back— all you need to do is get in touch and let us know what’s going on! Here’s what’s included with your trial:
- Ride Logs for you and your enrolled equines.
- Automatic inclusion in Top Trail Rider Challenges during trial period.
- Access to the Forums.
- Member search so you can find old friends and make new friends.
Option #2 Basic one year membership. Includes everything in the Trial membership plus digital “Milestones” delivered to you via email when those milestones are achieved plus you may join up to two Affiliate Groups. Contact us if you ever have questions or need assistance! Basic membership adds the following features:
- All Trial membership benefits plus…
- Admission to two (2) Affiliate Groups. Fun fun!
- Eligible to receive digital “Milestones” via email as they are earned.
Option #3 Saddle right up and join us for one year as a Premium member for $40. Just like the Trial and Basic membership options, as a Premium member you gain access to all the program features of the website plus:
- Lifetime Mileage Program!! Get your first patch upon joining — each year the patch is new and they’re fun to collect. At the end of each year we add up all your miles and generate printed certificates with your annual mileage and your total lifetime Top Trail mileage. Mileage rocker patches are also included, if earned. These items are mailed out each February.
Lifetime Mileage Program
Our full one year members ride, track, and log for lifetime and annual mileage achievements.
- For starters, you receive your first Top Trail Oval patch when you join for one year. The patch design changes in December of each year so you get a new patch each year you renew.
- In January/February official “Mileage Certificates” documenting lifetime and annual (previous year) mileage for rider and one enrolled equine (the equine with the most miles for the previous year) are generated, printed, and mailed to our members. At this time we also send out any earned milestone rockers to go with your oval TT patches. Milestone rockers are earned every 1000 miles.
- Twice each year digital milestone certificates are generated and sent out via email. Milestones are earned when the following miles are reach/exceeded: 250, 500, 750, 1000, 1500, 2000 and every 500 miles thereafter.
Challenge periods are quarterly, based on rider mileage, and riders are placed in 5 separate divisions based on previous riding mileage. Challenges are sponsored by some incredible companies and they supply the awards.*
Top Trail Basic and Premium level members are eligible to participate in up to two Affiliate Groups. More chances to win loot for trail riding!*
It’s never too late, so enroll today. Add your equine(s) by pulling down the “My Top Trail” menu to Add Horse and then check the FAQ, Technical Support, and Tutorials sections of the website under the “Support” menu to find answers to your questions. If you have a question that is not answered please get in touch with us via email.
Now… Get Out & Ride!
*Challenge formats, sponsors, and affiliate groups are subject to change from year to year.