Top Trail is the ride program for trail riders who enjoy logging their trail tracks via GPS. The program began in 2014 and was part of the old Open Trail website for a few years. Now we are here and so happy that you have found us!
Make every mile count!
We like to say, all you need is a horse, a trail, and a GPS… but—you also need a Top Trail account. For the purpose of putting those recorded tracks to use with Top Trail, you must be able to export tracks from the GPS app or device of choice in .GPX file format. Then as an enrolled Top Trail member, you may upload tracks using the Add Ride screen under your “My Top Trail” menu, or you can use EasyTrails GPS app on your smartphone and send your tracks directly to your Top Trail account.
There are many wonderful free & one time small fee GPS apps that work great with your smart phone or if you have a Garmin, you can use that as well. But as we said before, for the purpose of putting those recorded tracks to use with Top Trail, you must be able to export tracks from your GPS app or device of choice in .GPX file format. Not all GPS apps will do this. Join our Facebook group for a good discussion of GPS apps and devices that are compatible.
So, if you value your trail time and your trail partner we encourage you to join us. Here are two options for you to get started:
Option #1 Check us out for 90 days for $10. When you become a 90 day member you get access to the website program. You can enroll your equine(s), upload your tracks, and you’re eligible to participate in Top Trail Challenges during those 90 days. If you have enjoyed logging your rides after 90 days we encourage to keep it going with a one year membership. You won’t be sorry! We have many members who have been with us for a long, long time. Plus, if you need personal technical support we’ve got your back— all you need to do is get in touch and let us know what’s going on!
Just like Option #1 above, with the one year membership you gain access to all the program features of the website, including:
- Ride Logs for you and all enrolled equines
- Access to the forums
- Member search so you can find old friends and make new friends
- Add photos
- plus more features to come
Lifetime Mileage Program
Our full one year members ride, track, and log for lifetime and annual mileage achievements.
- For starters, you receive your first Top Trail Oval patch when you join for one year. The patch design changes in December of each year so you get a new patch each year you renew.
- In January official “Mileage Certificates” documenting lifetime and annual (previous year) mileage for rider and one enrolled equine (the equine with the most miles for the previous year) are generated, printed, and mailed to our members. At this time we also send out any earned milestone rockers to go with your oval TT patches. Milestone rockers are earned every 1000 miles.
- Twice each year digital milestone certificates are generated and sent out via email. Milestones are earned when the following miles are reach/exceeded: 250, 500, 750, 1000, 1500, 2000 and every 500 miles thereafter.
Top Trail members are eligible to participate in up to two Affiliate Groups. More chances to win loot for trail riding!*
So get yourself enrolled. Add your equine(s) by pulling down the “My Top Trail” menu to Add Horse and then check the FAQ, Technical Support, and Tutorials sections of the website under the “Support” menu to find answers to your questions. If you have a question that is not answered please get in touch with us via email.
Now… Get Out & Ride!
*Challenge formats, sponsors, and affiliate groups are subject to change from year to year.