Quarterly Challenge Division Leaderboards:
- Greenhorn Division — this is where new members start!
- Pleasure Division up to 150 Annual Miles Logged
- Blazer Division 151 – 300 Annual Miles Logged
- Explorer Division 301 – 500 Annual Miles Logged
- Competitor Division 501 – 1000 Annual Miles Logged
- Legends Division 1001+ Annual Miles Logged
Yearly Rider Challenge: Top Trail Rider (2021)
Top Trail Rider Challenge Divisions
Your submitted trail tracks year to date determine your rank and division leaderboards described above and below. If you’re renewing, you will remain in your current division. Exceptions may be made by emailing Top Trail admin.
If you are brand new to logging trails, select the Greenhorn division to start. We will move you up accordingly at the conclusion of each quarter,.
- Legends: 1001+ Annual Miles Logged
- Competitor: 501 – 1000 Annual Miles Logged
- Explorer: 301 – 500 Annual Miles Logged
- Blazer: 151 – 300 Annual Miles Logged
- Pleasure: up to 150 Annual Miles Logged
- Greenhorn Divison
Through 2021, at the conclusion of each quarter (approximately 4-5 days of the first month following the end of the quarter) audits are conducted. Top Trail will recognize the top three riders in each division with sponsor awards or Top Trail branded items. The #1 rider in each division will move up to the next division regardless of their current annual mileage. All other Top Trail Challenge Rules* will still apply.
Beginning 2022, at the conclusion of each quarter (approximately 4-5 days of the first month following the end of the quarter) audits will be conducted. The final results of each division will be published and shared on social media (Facebook). Awards will not be given, however, braggin’ rights are all yours!
The #1 rider in each division will move up to next division after winning one time, regardless of their current annual mileage. All other Top Trail Challenge Rules* will still apply.
Legends Division winners will be eligible for one sponsor award only during the calendar year.
Your Top Trail Rider division may be re-set each quarter so it’s possible to be rated for a different division from quarter to quarter, depending on how many miles your have posted in the previous quarter. You will not be able to re-set your division after your initial enrollment. If your division needs to be re-set, contact Top Trail admin.
Important: Top Trail’s official position on the use of equines for Top Trail is that they only be ridden according to their level of fitness. In other words, don’t over-ride or put the health & soundness of your equine partner in jeopardy under any circumstances to win a challenge or meet a riding goal. Always put your equine first!
Top Trail Rider Challenge periods (quarters) are as follows:
- 1Q20: Jan/Feb/Mar
- 2Q20: Apr/May/Jun
- 3Q20: Jul/Aug/Sep
- 4Q20: Oct/Nov/Dec
Top Trail Rider Challenge period time begins the first day of the each quarter beginning 12:00 am (Eastern Time Zone) and ends the last day the quarter at 11:59 pm (Eastern Time Zone).
General Challenge Rules*
- Uploaded tracks (.GPX files) must be actual trails ridden (you may now include outdoor arena riding in your tracks), recorded, and must be uploaded to your Top Trail account within 3 days of the ride. This rule is for all challenges and competitions on this website unless noted otherwise so all participants have a good idea where they stand in the rankings as close to real time as possible. Please take care to record and upload only your trail ride — nothing else. Please read this article for additional information regarding trail recording & uploading etiquette.
- Uploaded trails must be at least one mile in length and ridden outside an arena (you may now include outdoor arena riding in your tracks).
- Equine must be ridden or pulling a cart, not ponied.
- Only one track per equine/rider. Duplicate trails are not allowed and will be rejected during the upload process. NOTE: if your track has an error, email the .GPX file and we will attempt to repair it for you then you will be able to upload the corrected trail to your account manually.
New in 2022! Fun Drawings for All Top Trail Rider Challenge Participants
Each quarter a drawing will be held for up to 12 product awards. The names of all Top Trail Rider Challenge participants during the previous quarter in all divisions will be drawn from for the awards. These drawings will take place live on FB with the details announced in advance.
Top Trail Rider Challenge Recognition
Winner Award Redemption through 2021
- All winners will have 30 days from the date of notification (via email) to redeem any earned awards if there is an outside sponsor. Sponsor donated awards are non- transferable and each sponsor may outline special award redemption rules.
- All winners are limited to a single award donated by sponsor partners each calendar year. The three riders with the with the most verified miles each quarter in each division will be the “official” winners. In the event the “official” winner has already received a sponsor partner donated award in the current calendar year, the donated award will be given to the 2nd place horse/rider in the same division if that 2nd place horse/rider is within 20 miles of the leader. This rule does not impact Top Trail Rider of the Year.
- Winners will be notified via email. We may request a photo and caption to be used for promotional purposes as winners are announced on social media channels such as Facebook and Instagram. We respect your privacy so if you do not wish to be named please let us know!