Quarterly Challenge Division Leaderboards:
- Pleasure Division up to 150 Annual Miles Logged
- Blazer Division 151 – 300 Annual Miles Logged
- Explorer Division 301 – 500 Annual Miles Logged
- Competitor Division 501 – 1000 Annual Miles Logged
- Legends Division 1001+ Annual Miles Logged
Yearly Rider Challenge: Top Trail Rider (2020)
Top Trail Rider Challenge Divisions
Your submitted trail tracks determine your rank on one of the five Top Trail Rider Challenge division leaderboards described above and below. At the time of joining Top Trail, each member self determines their division based on anticipated or previous annual mileage total.
If you’re transferring from a different ride tracking program, consider your previous mileage and select the proper division based on that information.
If you are brand new to logging trails, select the Pleasure division to start.
- Legends: 1001+ Annual Miles Logged
- Competitor: 501 – 1000 Annual Miles Logged
- Explorer: 301 – 500 Annual Miles Logged
- Blazer: 151 – 300 Annual Miles Logged
- Pleasure: up to 150 Annual Miles Logged
At the conclusion of each quarter, Top Trail will recognize the top three riders in each division with sponsor awards or Top Trail branded items. The #1 rider in each division will move up to the next division regardless of their current annual mileage. All other Top Trail Challenge Rules* will still apply.
Legends Division winners will be eligible for one sponsor award only during the calendar year.
Your Top Trail Rider division may be re-set each quarter so it’s possible to be rated for a different division from quarter to quarter, depending on how many miles your have posted in the previous quarter. You will not be able to re-set your division after your initial enrollment. If your division needs to be re-set, it will be done by Top Trail personnel.
Important: Top Trail’s official position on the use of equines for Top Trail is that they only be ridden according to their level of fitness. In other words, don’t over-ride or put the health & soundness of your equine partner in jeopardy under any circumstances to win a challenge or meet a riding goal. Always put your equine first!
Top Trail Rider Challenge periods (quarters) are as follows:
- 1Q20: Jan/Feb/Mar
- 2Q20: Apr/May/Jun
- 3Q20: Jul/Aug/Sep
- 4Q20: Oct/Nov/Dec
Top Trail Rider Challenge period time begins the first day of the each quarter beginning 12:00 am CST and ends the last day of each at 11:59 pm CST.
General Challenge Rules*
- Uploaded tracks (.GPX files) must be ridden (or horse drawn cart), recorded, and posted to your Top Trail account within 72 hours of the ride. This rule is for all challenges, affiliate groups, and competitions on this website unless noted otherwise so all participants have a good idea where they stand in the rankings as close to real time as possible. Please take care to record and upload only your ridden track — nothing else. Please read this article for additional information regarding trail recording & uploading etiquette.
- Uploaded tracks must be at least one mile in length and ridden or driven (equine/cart). You may now include outdoor arena riding tracks.
- Equine must be ridden or pulling a cart, not ponied.
- Only one track per equine/rider. Duplicate tracks are not allowed and will be rejected during the upload process. NOTE: if your track has an error, email the .GPX file to email@example.com and we will attempt to repair it for you then you will be able to upload the corrected trail to your account manually.
At the conclusion of each challenge period, the top three riders in each division with the most verified miles will be announced as winners on Top Trail’s Instagram and Facebook social media channels.
Winner Award Redemption
- All winners will have 30 days from the date of notification (via email) to redeem any earned awards if there is an outside sponsor. Sponsor donated awards are non- transferable and each sponsor may outline special award redemption rules.
- All winners are limited to a single award donated by sponsor partners each calendar year. The three riders with the with the most verified miles each quarter in each division will be the “official” winners. In the event the “official” winner has already received a sponsor partner donated award in the current calendar year, the donated award will be given to the 2nd place horse/rider in the same division if that 2nd place horse/rider is within 20 miles of the leader. This rule does not impact Top Trail Rider of the Year.
- Winners will be notified via email. We may request a photo and caption to be used for promotional purposes as winners are announced on social media channels such as Facebook and Instagram. We respect your privacy so if you do not wish to be named please let us know!