The Michigan Horse Council’s Statewide Trail Ride Challenge begins May 1st, 2021 — This exciting riding challenge is open to Michigan Horse Council members who join Top Trail (see details below). The rider with the most miles (subject to audit) at the conclusion of the ride challenge period will be awarded a beautiful Circle Y saddle (sponsored by Tom’s Western Store).
How far will you ride this summer?
The Michigan Horse Council’s Statewide Trail Ride Challenge is an affiliate group hosted on the Top Trail member website with sponsor awards. Here’s what you need to know:
- The event leaderboard will be live May 1 through August 31, 2021. The riders with the most eligible ride miles according to Top Trail Challenge Rules (and additional guidelines applicable to this group) at the end of the challenge period will win sponsored awards. Special event Medallions will also be awarded to riders who reach certain milestones during the challenge (100, 250, and 400 miles).
- The event group is now accepting eligible participants through July 1, however, the leaderboard will not start reflecting posted mileage until May 1, 2021.
- Michigan Horse Council Members are eligible to join the this special event affiliate group by becoming a member of Top Trail (www.toptrailhorse.com) using the “Michigan Horse Council” membership level for $25 for a one year subscription.
Now through July 1, 2021: Eligible participants may join Top Trail at the Michigan Horse Council membership level and automatically be added to the special challenge group.
May 1, 2021 through August 31, 2021: Michigan Horse Council’s Statewide Trail Ride Challenge period. All tracks recorded and posted to your account will be reflected on the special leaderboard.
September 3, 2021: final day to post recorded tracks ridden on August 31, 2021.
September 4-10, 2021: results of the challenge are audited and results will be given to Michigan Horse Council personnel.
September 2021, date TBD: Michigan Horse Council will announce winners and distribute awards.
Michigan Horse Council Mission
Provide individuals and organizations with a central authority that will support, encourage, supplement, and coordinate the efforts of those presently engaged in the constructive conservation, development, and promotion of the horse industry and horse community in the state of Michigan.
Educate and Inform individuals and organizations through all available media, educational programs, and cooperation.
Advocate the conservation and promotion of the horse industry and community.
Who is eligible to participate?
- Current Michigan Horse Council Members
- Current Top Trail members purchasing “Michigan Horse Council” level membership prior to July 1, 2021
Enrollment Process for Participants:
- Join Michigan Horse Council (Individual membership — not as a member of a group or affiliate)
- Register & activate your Top Trail account
- Become a Top Trail member and select the Michigan Horse Council member level. When this membership level is selected and paid, the new member will automatically be added to the Michigan Horse Council’s Statewide Trail Ride Challenge Affiliate Group.
Awards / Sponsors
Second Prize: Saddle Pad sponsored by …
D BAR D Ranch, Chase Michigan
Medallions for each mileage level: 100, 250, & 400
This is a special event challenge for the Michigan Horse Council’s eligible members. All GPS recorded ride tracks posted to your Top Trail account from May 1 through August 31, 2021 will be included on the challenge leaderboard.
Join the special Facebook group “The Michigan Horse Council’s Statewide Trail Ride Challenge” for announcements, motivation, encouragement, and assistance.
2. Any trail ride counts for miles whether private or public trails. Outdoor arena riding can be posted, indoor arena riding cannot be posted. How do I
3. Miles ridden between May 1 and August 31, 2021 will count towards the Challenge
4. Must join the challenge group no later than July 1, 2021.
At the conclusion of the challenge, all ride tracks posted will be audited. Tracks posted that are disqualified will result in the loss of mileage and may affect the final results.