How you record your tracks is especially important when it comes to the Top Trail Challenges. We cannot personally screen every single uploaded track but when it comes to determining Challenge and Group winners, uploaded tracks are checked closely so if a track warrants a closer look, we will investigate and if found to be improper, the entire track will be disqualified, therefore changing the outcome of the challenge. So, with that in mind:
REMINDER: IT’S IMPORTANT TO POST YOUR RIDE TRACKS IN A TIMELY MANNER — IF A RIDE TRACK IS POSTED MORE THAN 3 DAYS AFTER BEING RECORDED, IT WILL BE DISQUALIFIED IF IT IMPACTS THE TOP TRAIL RIDER CHALLENGE TOP 3. HOWEVER… IF YOU RIDE IT, POST IT — THE MILEAGE WILL BE POSTED TO YOUR ACCOUNT LIFETIME AND ANNUAL TOTALS EVEN IF POSTED LATE.
* DO start your track at the beginning of your trail ride
* DO stop your track at the end of your trail ride
* DO check your map before you upload it. If there’s an error (such as you forgot to stop the track and got in your truck and drove home then uploaded it), contact us via email as soon as possible — keeping in mind the 3 day ride posting rule — and usually we can edit it down to the actual trail ride and even help you get the new track posted to your account.
* DON’T record yourself walking around before, during, or after your ride (unless you have a very good reason during the ride to dismount and walk back with your equine)
* DON’T record any arena riding.
* DON’T record yourself inside a building, even if you’re on your equine inside a building.