Top Trail Rider Division Leaderboards (links to come):
- Pleasure — up to 150 miles in 2019
- Blazer — 151-300 miles in 2019
- Explorer — 301-500 miles in 2019
- Competitor — 501-1000 miles in 2019
- Legends — 1001+ miles in 2019
In 2020 there are 5 rider divisions (based on 2019 annual mileage for existing members, new members start in Pleasure). When you submit your track via “Add Ride” (under My Top Trail menu) or exporting to your account via your EasyTrails app, those miles are calculated and determine your position on the leaderboard of your division.
At the time of joining Top Trail, each member self determines their division based on anticipated or previous annual mileage total. If you’re transferring from another program, consider your mileage from 2019 and select the proper division based on that information. If you are brand new to ride tracking and have no idea how many miles you generally ride each year, select the Pleasure division to start.
At the conclusion of each challenge period if you have exceeded the mileage of your current division, or if you have won your division, you will be moved up to the next division.
Top 3 in Each Division Recognized
Each division will recognize the top three riders with sponsor awards or Top Trail branded items. The #1 rider in each division will move up to next division after winning one time, regardless of their current annual mileage. All other Top Trail Challenge Rules* will still apply.
Legends Division winners will be eligible for one sponsor award only during the calendar year.
Quarters are defined as follows:
- 1Q20: Jan/Feb/Mar
- 2Q20: Apr/May/Jun
- 3Q20: Jul/Aug/Sep
- 4Q20: Oct/Nov/Dec
Top Trail Rider Challenges time begins the first day of the each quarter beginning 12:00 am CST and ends the last day of each at 11:59 pm CST.
Important: Top Trail’s official position on the use of equines for Top Trail is that they only be ridden according to their level of fitness. In other words, don’t over-ride or put the health & soundness of your equine partner in jeopardy under any circumstances to win a challenge or meet a riding goal. Always put your equine first!
General Challenge Rules
- Uploaded tracks (.GPX files) must be actual trails ridden, recorded, and must be uploaded to your Top Trail account within 72 hours of the ride. This rule is for all challenges and competitions on this website unless noted otherwise so all participants have a good idea where they stand in the rankings as close to real time as possible. Please take care to record and upload only your trail ride — nothing else.
- Uploaded trails must be at least one mile in length and ridden outside an arena.
- Equine must be ridden or pulling a cart, not ponied.
- Only one trail per equine/rider. Duplicate trails are not allowed and will be rejected during the upload process.NOTE: if your track has an error, email the .GPX file to email@example.com and we will attempt to repair it for you then you will be able to upload the corrected trail to your account manually.
At the conclusion of each challenge period, the Rider/Horse in each division with the most verified miles will be announced as winners on Top Trail’s Instagram and Facebook social media channels.
Winner Award Redemption
- All winners will have 30 days from the date of notification (via email) to redeem any earned awards. Sponsor donated awards are non- transferable. Some sponsors may have additional instructions or
- All winners are limited to a single award donated by sponsor partners each calendar year. The top three riders with the most verified miles at the conclusion of each quarter in each division will be recognized. In the event the “official” winner has already received a sponsor partner donated award in the current calendar year, the donated award will be given to the 2nd place horse/rider in the same division if that 2nd place horse/rider is within 20 miles of the leader. This rule does not impact Top Trail Rider/Top Trail Horse of the Year.
- Winners will be notified via email from firstname.lastname@example.org. We may request a photo and caption to be used for promotional purposes as winners are announced on social media channels such as Facebook and Instagram. We respect your privacy so if you do not wish to be named please let us know!