Exciting changes are in store for Top Trail Challenges 2020. We think this will be the best yet and hope that you agree!
Instead of 3 divisions, in 2020 we will have 5 rider divisions (based on 2019 annual mileage for existing members, new members start in Pleasure). Top Trail Horse monthly will not be held in 2020.
Here are the divisions:
- Legends: 1000+ Annual Miles Logged
- Competitor: 501 – 1000 Annual Miles Logged
- Explorer: 301 – 500 Annual Miles Logged
- Blazer: 151 – 300 Annual Miles Logged
- Pleasure: up to 150 Annual Miles Logged
Top 3 in each division to be recognized
Each division will recognize the top three riders with sponsor awards or Top Trail branded items. The #1 rider in each division will move up to next division after winning one time, regardless of their current annual mileage. All other Top Trail Challenge Rules* will still apply.
Legends Division winners will be eligible for one sponsor award only during the calendar year.
Quarters are defined as follows:
- 1Q20: Jan/Feb/Mar
- 2Q20: Apr/May/Jun
- 3Q20: Jul/Aug/Sep
- 4Q20: Oct/Nov/Dec
Details of the changes will be reflected on the website the first week of 2020.
*Top Trail General Challenge Rules
- Uploaded tracks (.GPX files) must be actual trails ridden, recorded, and uploaded to your Top Trail account within 72 hours of the ride. This rule is for all challenges and competitions on this website unless noted otherwise so all participants have a good idea where they stand in the rankings as close to real time as possible. Please take care to record and upload only your trail ride — nothing else.
- Uploaded trails must be at least one mile in length and ridden outside an arena.
- Equine must be ridden or pulling a cart, not ponied.
- Only one track per equine/rider. Duplicate trails are not allowed and will be rejected during the upload process. NOTE: if your track has an error, email the .GPX file to us and we will attempt to repair it for you then you will be able to upload the corrected trail to your account manually.